Sunday, November 10, 2013

James Dean

(I wrote this blog 10/25/13)

I just found out yet another person from Christian Choas (CityTeam) died.  "James Dean" was a good friend.  He was there for me while I was in the hospital.  The last time we talked, he was in a homeless shelter.  I know he was struggling with alcohol.  I assume he lost his battle to this horrible, evil disease.  I'll learn more soon.  This hurts.

He really was a good guy.  He always had something clever to say.  He had a very dry sense of humor.  He really did seem to care.  He would say it how he saw it.  He, like me was a talker.  I was a talker even more so when I was at Christian Chaos.  He would always correct me when I interrupted him.  I actually appreciated it.  He was a good friend.  We both talked to much. 

I learned this from Surfer Dude.  Surfer Dude had disappeared, until yesterday.  He and I were on the same bus.  I didn't see him until we got off.  He chased me down.  He is at a recovery place on Haight Street.  It is probably less than a half a mile from Wally World. 

It was great to see him. We exchanged numbers.  He is the one who left me a message and text me the info.  I called Sam Malone and texted him also.  Sam Malone was also with us at Christian Chaos and was there for me when I was in the hospital.  I have spoken to him since I've been at Wally World. 

(11/4/13 - I never heard from Sam Malone.  Diablo works at the church I attend.  He told me Sam Malone is now living under a bridge.  I also learned that James Dean was buried in Merced last week.  Addiction is such a terrible disease.  It's important I understand this.)

I'm glad Surfer Dude is okay.  I'm glad Surfer Dude and I ran into each other yesterday.  Unfortunately, it allowed me to get this news.  Surfer Dude also text this to me:

"God has us no matter what David.  (James Dean) was meant to go.  You weren't.  Don't give up the good fight."

I responded:

"Thanks (Surfer Dude),  That means a lot to me.  I love you brother."



Surfer Dude was there for me.  He and James Dean were. 

James Dean really was a good person.  Still, "You were the lowdown rebel if there ever was."  He really was.  He was just too cool!  Goodbye my brother.  May our souls meet again some day.

He really was a "cool" guy!

I called him James Dean for a reason.  He really was a James Dean character.  This song is perfect for him.  "You were too fast to live, too young to die, bye-bye."


James Dean, James Dean
I know just what you mean
James Dean, you said it all so clean
And I know my life would look allright
If I could see it on the silver screen

You were the lowdown rebel if there ever was
Even if you had no cause
James Dean, you said it all so clean
And I know my life would look all right
If I could see it on the silver screen

We'll talk about a low-down bad refrigerator,
You were just too cool for school
Sock hop, soda pop, basketball and auto shop,
The only thing that got you off was breakin' all the rules
James Dean, James Dean
So hungry and so lean
James Dean, you said it all so clean
And I know my life would look all right
If I could see it on the silver screen

Little James Dean, up on the screen
Wond'rin' who he might be
Along came a Spyder and picked up a rider
And took him down the road to eternity

James Dean, James Dean, you bought it sight unseen

You were too fast to live, too young to die, bye-bye
You were to fast to live, too young to die, bye-bye
Bye-bye, Bye-bye, Bye-bye, Bye, bye 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment