Thursday, November 7, 2013

Moving on up

(I wrote this blog 10/22/13.)

This amazing day just got better.  I got my housing today!  I am so excited.  Not only did I get my housing.  I got my housing on Market Street.  I got my housing on the 26th floor of Fox Plaza!  Talk about a dream come true.  A couple of weeks ago, when asked if I was apposed to high rise living, I said, “I’d love high rise living!”  I never dreamed I’d get it.  And, I never dreamed it would be that high!



 
 
It may not be very big, but it is huge to me.  I've had either no space or small shared spaces for the past 3 years.  Or, large shared spaces with lots of people surrounding me.  Or, a cardboard box on the sidewalk.  Talk about "Movin on up!"

I had recently thought that Fox Plaza might be interesting to live in.  Like so many other places in San Francisco, it has a “twisted” history to it for me.  The first time I ever shot up with that prostitute she took me to her friends house on an upper floor of that building.  They recorded it with their computer camera.  Those days are over.  Many times when I see that building, it does remind me of that day.  That was 9 years ago.   I’m all about creating new memories!

I shouldn’t go there.  It’s just where I once was.  Yesterday, on Facebook, a really good friend who has done so much for me suggested I should consider “setting boundaries” to my postings.  He felt that blogging was one thing, but putting it on Facebook was another.  He’s not the first to say this to me lately.  I have recently been putting some pretty hardcore “quotes” above my postings.  It was an attempt to get people to read it.  It may be working.  Readership is up quite a bit.  I got so many comments of support after his suggestion.  This man has done so much for me and was not saying anything bad, but so many showed support for all that I write.

It is The Truth.  It is “hard to read” as someone said.  It was even harder to live.  I’m a couple of months behind in my publishing since I am in this program, but I always hoped things would get better.  Most of the hardcore stuff is over when I am writing about the past.  A couple of months ago, I had to get some blood work done and it really took me back to my days of shooting up.  I wrote about it and quoted it.  That will probably still happen, but I hope what people see is what I always believed would happen, thanks to God.  I hope they see my life improve and my spirits lifted.

God really is amazing.  That is afterall, what this blog is about – even when I tell my hard Truths.  The Truth is The Truth.  I must live by it.

My life is getting so wonderful.  Laguna Honda is using my photographs.  They use them in their paper and in their Year End Report.  They are even getting ready to post my writing about my journey into, thorough and out of the hospital.

Front page too!
 
It was suggested by one of my favorite staff members at Laguna Honda that I model my writing about myself for others who are in the hospital.  I have .  I met this man about a month ago who got their the same way I did.  He was using, climbed up 4 stories and “fell”.  It happened on Minna Street between 6th and 7th – exactly where Susan and I lived for 9 years.  This man is an artist.  He’s cheated death so many times.  He has seen “the other side” on one of his dances with death.  He and I have so much in common.  I really do believe that my honesty mattered a lot to him.  I leave it at that.

Today was a pumpkin patch festival at Laguna Honda.  I was so happy today.  And then I found out I’d be living on the 26th floor of Fox Plaza!  It  too might help me stay clean.  I know I would not survive a 26 story jump!  26th floor – 2 floors from the penthouse!  I’ve forgotten about that shooting up there already!  I sure shot up a lot more at my place eventually and I liked living there. 

Now, I hope I get on the North East side that faces the financial district.  If I get on the other, I’ll face The Civic Center and see the sunsets.  I’m so grateful. 
 



I am facing the other way.  I do wish I were on the other side facing the city, but I sure can't complain about the views.  And, I get to see the sunset too.  I am so grateful to have this beautiful place.

I have been praying to God a lot lately.  I was just happy to get a place with a kitchen and a bathroom!  This place has that and a 26th floor balcony!  They cost people $2200 per month!  It cost me a lot more and many ways, but I got it now.  When I asked how long I can stay there, I was told “The rest of your life!”  I may!  I am so happy!  Perhaps I should quote this part. I told my friend I’d try to stick to positive quotes of Facebook.  What a beautiful day God.  Thank you.  Thank you.  Thank you!

I got my housing! I'll be living on the 26th floor of Fox Plaza!  I knew if I kept doing the right thing, Good things would happen.  I am so grateful.  I've always dreamed of living in a high rise.  This is truly a dream come true.  I always knew a better life would start showing up again, but I'm getting more than I ever dreamed.   This city is so amazing.  It really cares.  God works through so many.  Thank you everyone. Thank you God.
 
Well we're movin on up,
To the east side.
To a deluxe apartment in the sky.
Movin on up,
To the east side.
We finally got a piece of the pie.


Fish don't fry in the kitchen;
Beans don't burn on the grill.
Took a whole lotta tryin',
Just to get up that hill.
Now we're up in the big leagues,
Gettin' our turn at bat.
As long as we live, it's you and me baby,
There ain't nothin wrong with that.


Well we're movin on up,
To the east side.
To a deluxe apartment in the sky.
Movin on up,
To the east side.
We finally got a piece of the pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment