Saturday, September 14, 2013

Slow Ride

(I wrote this blog July 17, 2013)

I have to write this.  Writing helps me.  I want it to help others, but it definitely helps me.  If you ever are stressed out about something, try writing!  I hope that helps - YOU.

It is getting to where I don't even want to speak to my counselor.  She just has a bad attitude.  That's just how I feel.  She is constantly telling me, "Slow down." or "Wait."  I know people here are a bit out of whack, but she is just so abrasive towards EVERYONE.  Everytime I ask her or tell her anything, she has a short temper.  I know she is busy.  And, they are understaffed.  It's just that she could learn to take a whole different approach.   She is who she is.  It is something she needs to learn.

This morning, during morning meeting, I was standing beside her waiting  to let her know my roommate was sick - only because she said she was getting ready to do a room search.  She had just assigned everyone morning chores.  She was going to punish the clients who were still in their rooms and not in the meeting.  I was going to tell her my roommate was sick. He really was.

As I waited, I started to ask if she was finished handing out morning chores so I could tell her but she started talking.  I stopped and patiently stood there, not wanting to interrupt what she was doing.  Then, another woman, who doesn't know how to be silent stood on her other side and started babbling away.

My counselor jumped on us both.  She said, "I just said not to bother me until I was done handing out morning chores!  And, you two are bum rushing me!"  Bum rushing?  really?  I guess I was once a "bum".  I know it's just a phrase, but....

I just turned around and walked away.  I was trying to be a nice bum.  Again, I know she is busy and the other client did start babbling away at her, but my counselor needs to use better judgment.  She treats me like that all the time.  I am beginning to speak to her less.  I will only speak to her at our mandatory weekly meeting - if possible.  I do have to ask her  for her permission to do things often.  Things  like go to doctor appointments I just become aware of.  I have so many ALL the time.

Oh well, I'm ALIVE!  YAY!  It is a beautiful day.  I hate to say it, but when she acts that way, it just means she is a stressed out, anxious mess.  I hate to see anyone that way, but I am learning not to take such behavior personally!  As hard as she is on me, I do think she cares about me.  I think.  I just wish she would lighten up.  She needs to "Slow down, Take it easy."

(Later that day)
My goodness, my counselor is so difficult for me to deal with, however, sometimes I have to.  They require me to get on GA (General Assistance - basically, Welfare) while I am here.  I believed I had to go to the GA Office.  I don't.  It's at another Wally World facility just down the street, on Haight Street in The Lower Haight.  I didn't know this until just now.  I let her know this.  She was confused about it all, but basically took it out on me.  She kept saying, "Slow down!"  and she said, "I thought you did this last week on your own because you set it up that way!"  I had no idea what in the world she was talking about.  My tone was very polite.  Hers was not.  When she said, "Slow down", I should have said, "Take it easy."

(Even later that day.)
Okay, this is it!  Today, I went back to Walgreens to get that prescription filled that I couldn't get filled yesterday because Dr. Zoo didn't put a date on it.  Today, it had another mistake.  I think Walgreens knew this was not my fault.  They said they'd call her and I could come back.  I had to get the prescription today.  I ran out this morning and I am in so much pain.

Dr. Zoo has really made this hard on me.  Seeing as thought I am a client at Wally World, I am not exactly in a place where I can come and go as I please.  This is all so frustrating.  They finally got ahold of her on the phone.  It took over two hours.  She told Walgreens to tell me to bring my records next time or she would only write me a prescription for two weeks.  This creates even more problems for me.  I happened to call her office at the same time she called.    The nurses I spoke to at The Mission Neighborhood Clinic also said not to forget my prescription records, "Next time." 

First of all, I'm not scheduled for another appointment.  And, there will be no "Next time."  I already have another doctor appointment scheduled for July 29th at another clinic.  I will take my records to that appointment.

I took all my records to my first appointment and I even took my social worker with me.  That is the time she was too busy to see me and asked me to "Cut to the chase!"  And said to me, "I have a lot of people waiting!"  She put my prescriptions in the computer, but somehow they were not in there the next time I went back.

I was told to bring my records.  I nicely told them that everyone who worked at the clinic was okay, but that I am not okay with Dr. Zoo.  Dr. Zoo at the Mission Neighborhood Health Clinic made my life so difficult.

I do not like complaining about people who are supposed to be helping me.  In some instances, even the bad ones are helping me - in some way.  I must say, there is a new staff member at Wally World that convinces me that this world is a loving and beautiful place.  She really is so kind.  I guess she hasn't been there long enough to adopt the Wally World attitude.

 
 
 Slow ride, take it easy
Slow ride, take it easy
Slow ride, take it easy
Slow ride, take it easy

I'm in the mood
The rhythm is right
Move to the music
We can roll all night

Oooh slow ride
Oooh

Slow ride, take it easy
Slow ride, take it easy

Slow down, go down, got to get your lovin' one more time
Hold me, roll me, slow ridin' woman you're so fine

Woo!

I'm in the mood
The rhythm is right
Move to the music
We can roll all night

Oooh

Slow ride, take it easy
Slow ride, take it easy

Slow down, go down, got to get your lovin' one more time
Hold me, roll me, slow ridin' woman you're so fine

Slow ride, easy, slow ride, sleazy
Slow ride, easy, slow ride, sleazy

Slow down, go down, got to get your lovin' one more time
Hold me, roll me, slow ridin' woman you're so fine

Slow ride, take it easy
Slow ride, take it easy

Slow down
Go down
Slow down
Go down

Come on, baby
Take a slow ride with me
Come on, baby
Take a slow ride

Oh, feel good
Mmmm, feels so good
I like it, yeah
I feel good
Oh, I feel all right

You know the rhythm is right
You know the rhythm is right
We've got to rock all night
We've got to rock all night

You know the rhythm is right
We've got to rock all night
You know the rhythm is right
We've got to rock all night
You know the rhythm is right
Woah, come all night

Slow ride!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment