Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Breakout

(I wrote this blog 8/20/13)

(10/22 - I must have posted most of this on Facebook back on 8/20.  I edited some parts.)

I finally got my "Own Strength"!  This means I can go places without a "buddy".  Finally!  I am grateful for Wally World, but being there all the time and having to take someone everywhere all the time makes me crazy!  I'm so grateful to finally be on my "own strength"!  Some day, I will Breakout and be on my own. 

The first place I visited is the place I lived for nearly 6 months - Laguna Honda Hospital.    I don't know why I am having trouble posting these photos!  This "smartphone" isn't that smart.  (I was trying to post them on Facebook I guess.)  I miss my good camera.  I will hopefully figure this out and get them posted, one way or another.  I'll try from my "smartphone" on my bus ride back to my new, not as good home - that drives me crazy!  I'm still grateful for it.

This is the letter I wrote to the editor and some other staff of "The Voice", Laguna Honda's Newspaper:

Hello Ladies,

I sure picked great day to visit!  I really do miss this place.  In fact, I am inspired to write about my journey through this wonderful place that in many ways saved my life.  I definitely learned how to walk again here - I learned a whole lot more.
 
I didn't have any releases with me, but I did take some photos.  Actually, I didn't have my good camera with me either.  I used my smartphone, so they aren't the greatest, but the event sure was great!  And, I won a Tiger.  I am from Cincinnati, so I love Bengal Tigers.  And, I played football in high school and we were the Tigers.  I chose the wrong Cincinnati outfit this morning!
 
It didn't take long for someone to let me know I couldn't be taking photos of patients.  I respected that of course.  Then, someone suggested I take "back of the head" photos, so I did.  I then asked someone to take photos of me.  I thought it might be a perfect ending to the newspaper story I plan to write about my journey through and then out of Laguna Honda Hospital. 
 
If you can use any of these in the mean time, please fell free.  I am so glad I came by today. I will be back soon.  I plan on giving back to the place that gave me so much.
For some strange reason, the photos are not attaching from my laptop. 
 
I do have to get back to Walden House for a 2:00 PM group, but I will definitely attempt to send them in the future.  They do exist, therefore I will somehow get them to you.  Perhaps I can do it from my phone.  I'll figure it out. 
 
Have a beautiful day.  Being here sure made my day today!

David Beaty

Below are the photos I tried to post and email that day.  At least I can post them now!  It was a fun day.  I'm pretty sure I finally got them emailed.  My life began to drastically improve this day.  It will continue to get better.  Even thought "therapy still scares me", I am still grateful.


My Bengal Tiger prize!



 
 

 You make me dizzy running circles in my head
One of these days I'll chase you down
Well look who's going crazy now
We're face to face my friend,
Better get out
Better get out

You know you make me break out
make me break out
I don't want to look like that
I don't wanna look like that
You know you make me break out
Make me break out
I don't want to look like that
I don't wanna look like that
You know you make me break out

You can see this on my face
It's all for you
The more and more I take
I break right through
Therapy still scares me
Putting me on my back again.
I may be crazy, little frayed around the ends
One of these days I'll phase you out
Burn it in the blast off, burn it in the blast off
Watching me crawl away
Try to get out, try to get out

You know you make me break out
Make me break out
I don't want to look like that
I don't wanna look like that
You know you make me break out
Make me break out
I don't want to look like that
I don't wanna look like that
I don't wanna look like that

Break out
Break out
Break out
Break out

You know you make me break out
Make me break out
I don't want to look like that
I don't wanna look like that
You know you make me break out
Make me break out
I don't want to look like that
I don't wanna look like that
I don't wanna look like that
I don't wanna look like that

You know u make me break out
Make me break out
Make me break out
Yeah

No comments:

Post a Comment