Thursday, October 31, 2013

太陽出來了 or Tàiyáng chūláile (Here Comes The Sun in Chinese)

(I wrote this blog 9/20/13)

“Jo Sun”. That is good morning in Cantonese. I was training a Chinese kid this morning to work the front desk. I am unofficially the “assistant Ramrod”. That works for me. I could do the job now, but I’m still glad I don’t. That little Punk Ass who wanted to be it back when I was chosen and I gladly handed it over, did in fact straighten it up some. Actually, it probably has more to do with the bad people leaving and good ones coming in. Punk Ass probably doesn’t deserve credit. He always told me I was the best Nexus (Front Desk) worker, but he probably said that to everyone. Somehow, the Punk A** is my friend. He’s just never stops messing with everyone – constantly. He even proudly owns this fact.

I have settled in. I am even getting along with the Director. I have always respected him, but we just never really hit it off for a while. He’s a good guy. In fact, this morning, I handed in a “Non-Smoking Section” proposal and he said he thought it was a good idea! Wow! I mean it is a good idea, but I didn’t expect such praise! He smokes himself. He is a good person though. He’s just tough on us sometimes. In some cases, it makes sense.

I truly have settled in. I think it just took a while for people to see that I genuinely do care. I don’t want anything from anyone. I like helping others anyway I can – just don’t ask me for anything. So many people here want to borrow money or use my phone. I don’t like doing either. The phone is not so bad, but both are against the rules. I follow rules and I like them even.

Next week, I start Re-entry. I hear that makes life so much better here. I hear the staff there are professional and always approachable. That’s one thing I don’t like doing here – approaching staff about something. Sometimes it’s okay and they are busy, but it usually gets a short answer with a not so friendly response.

I got a new roommate yesterday. I really liked my old one. He was calm, neat and mellow. He slept more than me too, so he never woke me up. He snored a little, but my fan, which he also loved, drowned that out. And, sometimes earplugs. I don’t sleep well. I was so worried about who my new roommate would be. I was going to ask my friend, Pacific Placid, to be my roommate, but was told I couldn’t by my counselor. The new very nice counselor told me I could, but my counselor said I could not. She said I should pray for a good one. I did. The new guy is a good guy.

He’s on Federal Parole. It’s funny how it works here. We get so many ex-cons and people off the street. The ex-cons are so much better than the people off the street. They truly are “reformed”. They are so much more mellow and follow all the rules. They even do less than the rules state.  I am my new roommates “big brother”.

Pacific Placid's roommate is Punk Ass. Punk Ass is supposedly leaving next week so we have a new Ramrod. She is also a bandmate. I call her Punk Rock Goddess. I like her a lot. She’s going to be The Alanos base player. I’m thinking about trying to get in Pacific Placid’s room. He’s our Trumpet player, back up singer and even played some keyboard last week. The girl that I had the hots for for a while back who was in detox is now our keyboard player. She is so damn cute. I’m going to do a photo shoot with her soon. She wants to. She is very fashionable and I just think she is going to look great. She’s hot. She’s got a hot little attitude. Hey, that’s her name – Hot Little Attitude.

I’m finally making a lot of nicknames in this program. It took a while to make so many friends. It is a bigger program and I was in a different place this time.

I am so grateful to be in a band and on my way out of this place. I can’t wait to be a photographer, guitar player, singer, human being…. The sun truly is rising for me.

Today I meet with my social worker about my housing. She deserves a nickname. I’ll call her Angel in Disguise. She truly is one. If Susan is an angel, Angel in Disguise is a great fill in. If I’m ever having a problem, she’s on top of it. And, she is providing me with so many things. Housing and all I will need with it. She has even offered Meals on Wheels, a house cleaner, a grocery shopper and so many other things I never imagined having. 

God is really good for saving my life. He didn’t just safe my life, he saved my SOUL! That’s huge. I mean it. And, I KNOW IT! I promise everyone. Please believe someone like me. I believe that’s why I am here. I am forever grateful. I will always try to repay God. That’s what this blog is really all about. It may be about Me, but it’s really about God. Not that I am anything near God, but I strive to be with him someday.

Two weeks ago I filled out an application for housing. I will discuss where that is with Angel in Disguise today when she comes for our appointment. I want to get an exact date so my Step-mother, Marilynn (her real name) can purchase me a plane ticket to come home for the holidays. I look so forward to that day. I haven’t seen my family in 3 years! I miss them. I miss Ohio. It’s funny how that works. California is so amazingly beautiful, but so is Ohio in it’s own way. It’s my home.

I’m feeling so good and so grateful lately. The sun truly is rising. "Here comes the Sun"


 
 
 
Here comes the sun, here comes the sun,
And I say it's all right

Little darling, it's been a long cold lonely winter
Little darling, it feels like years since it's been here
Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
And I say it's all right

Little darling, the smiles returning to their faces
Little darling, it seems like years since it's been here
Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
And I say it's all right

Sun, sun, sun, here it comes...
Sun, sun, sun, here it comes...
Sun, sun, sun, here it comes...
Sun, sun, sun, here it comes...
Sun, sun, sun, here it comes...

Little darling, I feel that ice is slowly melting
Little darling, it seems like years since it's been clear
Here comes the sun, here comes the sun,
And I say it's all right
Here comes the sun, here comes the sun,
It's all right, it's all right

No comments:

Post a Comment