Tuesday, October 1, 2013

In The City

(I wrote this one at the end of July, 2013.  The 30th?)

Well, I'm at the Doctor this morning.  It feels so good to be back down in The City.  Haight Ashbury is in The City, but I like THE CITY.  My doctor is located in The Mission which is more urban than The Haight.  It's not as urban as my old hood - SoMa.  I love and miss SoMa.  I like to not just  have skyscrapers in view, I like to be surrounded by them!  They exist and are going up all over where Susan an I lived for 9 years.  I miss that.



This is the view from the top of a hotel I call "The Jukebox".  It is two blocks from where we lived for 9 years. 
I wish I lived at the top of The Jukebox.
 
I feel awful.  And, I now know that I will not be able to get my morphine pain pills until Thursday, thanks to my last doctor who under prescribed me and kept making me go back to the pharmacy too many times.  MediCal only allows six prescriptions per month.  I already must get seven per month.  After you get six, they have to "tar" it.  I have no idea what the means, but for me it means a 3 day delay in my medication.  At least I get them!  

My doctor kept making me go back because she would only give me two weeks worth of prescriptions at a time.  Doctors are not supposed to put someone in more pain!  I have also been nauseous for the past few days.  I'm sure taking a bunch of extra ibuprofen and Tylenol doesn't help.

I hope my new doctor is better than the last.  Even if she listens to me, that'll be enough.  Plus, I noticed this place has a pharmacy.  I'm at Mission Neighborhood Clinic.  It feels a little like a hospital.  I'm the only Caucasian here.  It is after all a Hispanic neighborhood.

I guess I'll write the outcome when I know the outcome.  By the time this is published, all this will be over at least.  Right now, however, it just is

(10/01/13 - That just made me laugh.  In a good way.  I am so grateful it is over.  It gets worse, that's for sure.  That doctor was great, but it gets worse.   Keep reading about my upcoming misery!  These lyrics to In the City sure ring true - at the time.) 



Somewhere out there on that horizon
Out beyond the neon lights
I know there must be somethin' better
but there's nowhere else in sight
It's survival in the city
When you live from day to day
City streets don't have much pity
When you're down, that's where you'll stay
In the city, oh, oh.
In the city

I was born here in the city
With my back against the wall
Nothing grows, and life ain't very pretty
No one's there to catch you when you fall
Somewhere out on that horizon
Faraway from the neon sky
I know there must be somethin' better
And I can't stay another night
In the city, oh, oh.
In the city 


No comments:

Post a Comment