Monday, October 28, 2013

Ecstasy

(I wrote this blog 8/29/13)

Recently, I have written about how grateful I am, but how I am not happy.  Well, today, I'm happy.  I am happy!  That light at the end of the tunnel got a whole lot brighter.

My Social Worker just met with my Care Coordinator and I.  We are all on the same page.  We all want me to have an apartment by December so I can go home and see my family and EVERYONE for the holidays!

Now, everything has to fall into place still, but I'm hopeful.  No matter what, it will happen eventually.  I have the option to live in satellite housing on Treasure Island.  I'd rather not.  It's too remote and cold and it still has "rules".   It has a great view of the city.


I took this on Treasure Island a few years ago.

10/28/13 - Gina and I were on the Island last night photographing the new East Span of The Bay Bridge.

I'd rather be in the middle of The City.  My Social Worker is meeting with West Bay Housing this afternoon.  She's not ready to officially refer me, but she's going to get the ball rolling. 

(10/28/13 - Not to spoil it for anyone, but I did get my housing!  I get to go see it today at 3:00.  Not only did I get my housing, I got housing at The Fox Plaza!  Talk about Ecstasy!  I was just grateful to have a kitchen and a bathroom and no cockroaches.  I never dreamed it would be in a high rise!  I have always dreamed of living in a high rise building.)

 
 

I'm on the 26th floor.  God really is delivering - through so many people.  Thank you God!
 
My Care Coordinator wants me to work on my photography business when I go to Re-entry on September 23rd!  Life is slowly starting to show up again.  She even suggested I stop by places in The Haight when I walk and see if I can display my work now!

This program is progressive.  I actually like it.  I will likely volunteer here in the future.  I will be forever grateful.  I feel really good - today. 

I can't help but have a song in my head from some old friends.  Susan and I and a few other friends took a charted jet with Ekoostik Hookah to Jamaica a couple of months before we moved to California in 2002.  Our move ended my pilgrimage to Hookaville on Labor Day and Memorial Day weekends.  Those were a lot of fun.

A few years ago, they played in Eureka.  Susan and I drove up and saw them for two nights.  I shot pool with Dave Katz.  He is the main singer, guitar player and keyboard player.  I always loved these guys.  They are nice guys. 

When I lived on Klotter Avenue in Cincinnati, I lived in a 2 family house with a great view of downtown Cincinnati.  My high school friend who lived in the upstairs unit owned a music venue in Clifton.  It was called Ripley's.  He got some great bands to come there.  Many of them stopped by our house before the show.  Ekoostik Hooka always played there.  Ripley's would eventually close and become a Chipotle.  Because of this, I still don't like Chipotle.

Eventually, my friend moved out of the upstairs unit and Susan and I moved up to it.  It was larger with a much better view and a Jacuzzi tub!  Then, another good high school friend moved in below us in the unit we just moved out of.  He went to Ohio State.  I think most of Ekoostik Hookah are from Columbus.  I know that Dave is from Cleveland.  Columbus is where they got there start.  My friend learned how to play guitar from Ekoosik Hookahs amazing guitar player - Steve Sweeney.  I think he is one of the best guitar player there is.

Steve Sweeney in Eureka.

Stick around for his solo in this song.  I do love these guys.  I hadn't listened to them for years until today.  Today is a good day.  "Because I'm  feeling good!  You know I'm feeling good!"

 
 
Over the years they've had bands like RatDog (Bob Weirs Band), The Derek Trucks Band, Bruce Honsby, Dark Star Orchestra, Steve Kimock Band, Merle Saunders, Dickey Betts, David Grisman.........  It goes on and on.  Even though they made it pretty big and they've had some great bands open for them at Hookaville, I could not find the lyrics to Ecstacy.    I guess they can be pretty understood.  They are great musicians.

No comments:

Post a Comment