Saturday, June 30, 2012

Friday

(I wrote this blog, Friday April 27th, 2012)

Thank God it's Friday.  I can't even remember the last time I felt this way.  Even when I was clean before (which has been a long time ago), I worked on the weekends - hard.  I loved what I did, but it was demanding.  My weekend days, including Friday pretty much started at 5:00 AM and went until 10:00 PM - sometimes later.  Kind of like here five or even six days a week sometimes.  Until today.  It has always been different kinds of work, but, one way or another, it's work - even if I choose to do it myself.

Is this writing work?  Kind of.  I do enjoy it, but it can be a bit of a chore.  I have to do it.  I just do.  Tonight, I get to start putting all this writing on the computer.  I'm also going to take some photos.  Wow.  I can't describe how this makes me feel.  Let me just say it brings a smile to my face and tears to my eyes.

I'm no longer PM helper here.  I'm AM cook .  I cook breakfast and lunch.  It makes my day busier, but it frees my evening up.  This weekend, I only have to be PM helper on Sunday.  I get off Saturday!  I still have to be here for breakfast, lunch and dinner and I'm sure I'll help do something.

The weather is so beautiful in San Francisco.  Summertime is here - blue skies and 70.  This morning I had a few people flipping out at me for not cooking breakfast.  I honestly believed I started Monday because that is what people told me.  I was supposed to start today.  I worked out this morning and took a shower.  I told Hefe to tell people what I'd be doing if I was supposed to start today.  No one did.  It wasn't Hefe's fault.  It was no ones fault.  It was miscommunication.  There are lots of chiefs here and not enough Indians.

Lots of people let me know I was supposed to start today.  Chill out people.  It was an honest mistake. I'll be in that kitchen first thing Monday.  I prayed it away after I ventilated horizontally and publicly.  Hey, if they won't let it go, I'll gladly explain my side.  I owned my part and stepped up to fix what I could.  I couldn't change other peoples mistakes or the past.  I also apologized for my honest mistake.  Besides, I'd much rather do that job than the job I believed I was supposed to do - evening helper.  It is so much easier!

I just don't want to talk about it, but I honestly know I was right.  I'm only self-righteous to those who are wrong.  :)

Life's better than I could have possibly imagine considering my situation.  Part of this mornings confusion was also because I was "ordered" to go to the DMV to get my driving report so I can be the driver at CityTeam.  That's God working for me.  I love the kitchen too, but it's hard.  They know I'll do it.  The last few guys to come in new were either too old, too big of a cry baby or too lazy to work that hard.  I love the old guys.  They do a great job.  I understand it with them.  I don't mind stepping up and helping them at all.

I care about this angry cat, Self Will,  who always complains, but it's hard to be around him sometimes.  I tell him that out of hard love.  It's just everything he's asked to do - its a problem.  He loves to throw things and slam things.  Attitude goes a long way in this place.  I guess it can go a short way also.

Zack Attack took me outside and said to me, "You know a lot of us are going to be getting jobs soon and moving on soon and you're really the guy who is going to hold this place together."  I can't tell you how much that meant to me.  For 19, he's very mature.

I'm going to take it easy tonight.  I have no idea what the first photo I take out there in over a year will be, but I promise, I'll post it right here.






You know it ain't no stoppin all tha doggs I'm droppin
It's Friday night so everythang is poppin.
I got skin lets spin on da hand,
So let tha games begin.
Yakity yak don't jump back or its on,
Callin up Earl on tha car phone.
Mack 10 just got out of court,
Rollin through tha hood in his super sport ropin Too $hort.
Eighteens got tha rearview mirrors vibratin,
And deep dish daytons.
You know how we do it,
Ain't nuttin to it but tha floss,
Overcrowdin Harrison walks.
'Cuz if ya fuck wit ours,
We leave scars,
Out of G ride cars,
Livin like stars.
Might hit tha highway,
On tha Vegas run fool 'cuz its Friday.

[Chorus:]

Oh yeah, throw ya neighborhood in tha air,
If ya don't care. [x2]

[Verse Two:]

Standin outside on a Friday livin on tha edge,
'cuz we all got 'dem hard heads.
It's seems like we all are waitin,
For a drive by playin tag wit satan.
But we chillin yeah we ready and willin,
Ya hear about tha latest westside killin.
Forty sippin,
Set trippin,
Fo' dippin,
Get tha grip in,
Neva slippin.
BG's tryin tah hang out,
But OG said take ya little ass in tha house.
My big homey just got out,
Used tah be down now he's just crack ad.
He's bout hard as Darth Vada
In his sweat shirt, khakis and Chuck Taylors.
Just see him in the drive way,
Gettin beat like a smoka fool 'cuz it's Friday.

[Chorus]


[Verse Three:]

Why must I be like dat and chase da cat,
Or settle for a hoodrat.
Dookie braids no dreadlocks,
Flyin in and out of jail have a chicken and a cock.
And I love her 'cuz she down,
Tah fuck around wit tha underground pussyhound.
And her ass is big round and wide,
Jacked up makin nigga down tah ride.
Smokin indo,
Playin dat Super Nintendo,
Hear a rat tat tat on my window.
Gave her ass dat pelvic thrust,
Don't trust tha rubber 'cuz its bound tah bust.
In tha oven in tha nappy,
I had on two so I was happy.
'Cuz dat HIV'll make ya dick hang sideways,
And dat ain't cool fool 'cuz its Friday.

[Chorus]


Throw tha west side in da air,

Throw tha east side in da air,
Throw tha south side in da air,
Throw tha north side in da air.
Oh yeah! 

No comments:

Post a Comment