Thursday, June 28, 2012

Ventilate Vertically

(I wrote this blog April 25th, 2012)

"We can walk arm and arm without seeing eye to eye"
Rick Warren

"Dave, don't think about it dude - do it!  I'm with you buddy!"  These words came from my buddy Rudy who threatened to kick my ass about ten days ago.  He then walked by and said, "Like my backpack?"  It's a Bengals backpack Susan brought me.

He found it on top of a locker and when he asked the house if it was someones, I wasn't around to let him know it was mine.  I was probably in the kitchen!  He obviously needed one since his got stolen.  This morning I saw it hanging on a locker  and realized someone was using it.  I found out it was Rudy!

I told him he could use it.  I wasn't using it.  I like seeing someone else represent!  It's like Diablo said, "Brothers have been known to fight." I'm glad were getting along better.  I prayed for him a lot.

I'm reading this book, The Purpose Driven Life.  I read this morning that David (of the Bible) used prayer to ventilate vertically.  I've been doing that a lot lately.  It actually seems to more gets done when I pray on something.

I like David.  I sometimes call my addiction Goliath.  I can really relate to that guy.  David failed God's tests on many occasions.  Me too.  The book says that, "Character is both developed and revealed buy test.  All of life is a test."

One issue that was recently in my life was my GA and student loan bill.  I didn't really know what to do about my GA worker who refused to talk to me.  Everyone said, "You need to talk to her supervisor!"  I just didn't have the energy.  I prayed on it.  I also let it go.  I figured I'd deal with it when I got off restriction.  Maybe that was enough.

I spoke to Susan last night.  She said, "You got a letter from GA.  They assigned you a new worker."  I didn't even ask for one!  This doesn't necessarily mean I'll get GA.  I hope the new worker will at least talk to me.  I'll try.  I'll pray on it.  I'll will pray for God's will.

I sometimes ventilate horizontally with this blog.  It's kind of a mix of the two I think.  It's not meant to be gossip.  All I hope is that it helps others besides me.

No comments:

Post a Comment