Friday, July 27, 2012

Pictures of You

Well, I guess I'll try to write really quick blog.  Yeah right.  Actually, I need to learn to.   I am in the Learning Center and just took my writing assessment skills test.  I think I can write, but that doesn't mean I know what a prepositional phrase is or a superlative or comparative word is.  I just write.  I know I mix up "to" and "too" and I mix up "there", "their" and "they're" but that's just kind of out of laziness.  I know I don't have perfect grammar an lots of typos, but that's kind of out of always rushing.  I'm not that great of technical writer either.  So far I have tested out of everything I've tested for.  Something tells me I won't test out of writing.  I think that's kind of funny.  I hope my forced newly discovered knowledge will help.

Let's cover some CityTeam stuff really quick.  Rudy is gone.  He was finally kicked out.  Thankfully, I was not on the committee that made that call.  I do care about Rudy for some reason.  Am I surprised he's gone?  My readers can answer that one.  I wish him well.  Oh yeah, Jonathon wasn't here today - Trudy was.  Enough said.

I'm a committee member now.  This means, for the first time, I got to help determine someones fate today.  He stays.  He needs to change, but he stays.  Good.  He's a good guy.  He needs to change. I'll try to help.  I also need to focus.  I do.

Hefe sent me a facebook message the other day.  He is in Denver.  He says he is doing okay and is praying for me.  Hefe's always praying for me!  I pray for him too.  I love Hefe.   

Zack Attack stopped by.  He looked good.  He was in good spirits.  I need to call that young man.  There was always something about him being from my neck of the woods (he's from Indiana) that allowed me to connect with him.

I'm no longer allowed to use the computer in the office.  I don't think it's about me so I won't make it about me.  It's probably more about video poker than my writing, but I'll leave it alone.

I shouldn't have been so hard on Barry Bonds the other day.  I really love these guys. I am enjoying my role as the lead.  There are a lot of young guys who respect me.  They also love when I play guitar.  Ego.  It's not really that big. I really just have low self esteem.  I like to play music too.  I like when people like when I play music.

It looks like I passed every part of the writing assessment but the part on verbs.  I basically mixed up regular and irregular verbs.  I could tell the difference, but I didn't know which was which.  I really wanted to test out of everything, but I guess I won't.  I can be a perfectionist like that.  I still don't know the difference, well I do, but I can't tell you which is which.  I'll know before the next test.  I'll get them right next time.

Susan's parents take Phil and Reuben and Cerise with them tomorrow morning.  Susan's parents have been very helpful while here and very nice to me also.  I'll miss them.  I really will.  I can probably see the again some day, but it will be different.  It is what it is.  

I got to run with Phil one more time.  We ran to the Bay Bridge and hung out in the park with the big bow and arrow.  I hate to sound like a baby, but I cried.  He sat on my chest and licked my face.

Gina took this photo about a month ago.

Last night, Susan and I spent the evening dividing up pictures on the wall.  We held each other crying for so long.  It was really hard.  It's so hard to be in the apartment becoming empty as the photos come off the wall and everything goes into boxes.  It is so emotional for both of us.  We spent almost ten years in that place.  The amazingly good and loving times and the hell we shared in the apartment were as I said to Susan last night, "Epic".  Two people just cannot got through the things we went through and not some how be close in some way because of it.  We know we're over.  Susan said, "Your dying might have been easier."  I knew what she meant.  It's just more final.  She also said, "I knew it would be the hardest possible scenario for me and you."  God I'll miss her. 

The King and I have to start loading the pod tonight.  I will focus on the task at hand.  I have work to do.
My Senior Prom

My parents home in Loveland
Golden Gate Park
Seattle Monorail
Rockefeller Center, New York


This is the clock upon the wall
This is the story of us all
This is the first sound of a newborn child,
Before he starts to crawl
This is the war that’s never won
This is a soldier and his gun
This is the mother waiting by the phone,
Praying for her son

Pictures of you, pictures of me

Hung upon your wall for the world to see
Pictures of you, pictures of me
Remind us all of what we used to be

(Wooooooooooooh)


There is a drug that cures it all

Blocked by the governmental wall
We are the scientists inside the lab,
Just waiting for the call

This earthquake weather has got me shaking inside

I'm high up and dry

Pictures of you, pictures of me

Hung upon your wall for the world to see
Pictures of you, pictures of me
Remind us all of what we used to be

Confess to me, every secret moment

Every stolen promise you believed
Confess to me, all that lies between us
All that lies between you and me

We are the boxers in the ring

We are the bells that never sing
There is a title we can't win no matter
How hard we might swing

Pictures of you, pictures of me

Hung upon your wall for the world to see
Pictures of you, pictures of me
Remind us all of what we used to be

Pictures of you, pictures of me

Hung upon your wall for the world to see
Pictures of you, pictures of me
Remind us all of what we could have been
We could have been (Ooooooh)
We could have been (Ooooooh)

Pictures of you, pictures of me

Remind us all of what we could have been
We could have been



No comments:

Post a Comment